Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Veterans Day: November 11, 2020

      November 11, 2020 marks the 101st year since Armistice/Veterans Day has been observed. Started in 1919 after "The Great War" ended all fighting on the 11th hour or the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918 to end World War 1. We as a country made it a federal holiday in 1938. It is a day of remembrance and honor to all those who have served and are serving in the military today. At Arlington National cemetery every year on this day they lay a large wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown soldier in honor of those who have sacrificed their all for us to live as we do today.
    I am very proud of my military family. My Dad Douglas McArthur, his brothers David Clay and Jack McArthur all served in the Army and Navy. Their example lead my brother Douglas McArthur, our cousins Jackie McArthur, Aaron McArthur, Lynn McArthur and my nephew Matthew Douglas McArthur all to serve in the Army and Navy also. I have other family members and many, many, friends who have served and are currently serving now in all branches of the military, whom I admire greatly.
    I believe we should cherish all of our veterans and help them as much as we can. It is the least we can do as a country for all they have sacrificed for us in their service. Sadly we have failed many of our veterans and this isn't acceptable at all. We need to fight for them as they have fought for us, we may never know all their names but we all have a common love....The United States of America.
    So this Veterans Day I say thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the brave Americans who are now and have always protected our rights and given us the freedom we cherish now. Each and everyone of you are so valuable and I thank you all. God Bless ALL Veterans and active duty military. ❤ 
Matthew McArthur   US Army

Douglas McArthur   US Navy

My Dad, Mamaw Clay, Papaw Clay and Uncle David Clay  US Navy

Douglas McArthur (Wayne D Clay)   US Army 

Wayne D Clay   US Army
Douglas McArthur
My Daddy❤




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace at the Cross

     Sometimes a person just needs to stop and be still in the moment. Just to take time to slow down and allow your mind and heart to rest/...