Friday, July 21, 2023

Peace at the Cross




    Sometimes a person just needs to stop and be still in the moment. Just to take time to slow down and allow your mind and heart to rest/reset. It is proven that a moment of quiet time and stillness does a person some good. 
    Lots of things have changed in our life recently and I have felt it is racing out of my grasp and I am losing control. Turning our lives upside down and staying home to work fulltime was such a BIG change for me. This change has really messed up my entire identity as a person/nurse. ICU RN to Hospice RN, healing to maintaining and dying with dignity. This is so much harder than I ever thought it would be. I continue to struggle with all of this. trying to find my way. I mostly feel alone and sometimes even like I am trying to put out a dumpster fire with a squirt gun. 
    On this one particular day I was struggling extra hard and felt like I was spiraling out of control. I was searching for an answer. 
The Cross in the Prairie kept calling me and tugging at my heart. I had passed by this so many times and never stopped. On this extremely hot tough day I pulled into the parking area. I wasn't able to walk all the way out to the Cross on this day due to the extreme heat and the time crunch of seeing patients, but I went as far as I could.  
    I felt at peace and calm. I was totally alone out there. It was so still and tranquil. Standing at the small gazebo staring up at the Cross was calming for me. I was able to reset my mind and rest my heart. After taking some deep breaths I felt a little better. Deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth. 
-in with the positive and out with the negative-



                                    Breathing in. I calm my body and mind.
                                        Breathing out I smile. 
                                    Dwelling in the present moment.
                                        The only moment.
                                                        -Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace at the Cross

     Sometimes a person just needs to stop and be still in the moment. Just to take time to slow down and allow your mind and heart to rest/...