Wednesday, October 28, 2020

New contract time!!!!

    Being a travel nurse has it's stressful times. The one that really unnerves me is when it's new contract time. It really isn't hard to do but, it is so stinking stressful! It is like taking that first step on a set of dark cellar stairs!! You always hesitate with the first ones but then you get to about the 4th one and the overhead light comes on, then it's easy peasy lemon squeezy after that. 
    Something else that intensifies the stress is if you go with another agency. This gives you a huge fear of the unknown, scary! I always get a nervous stomach, headache and I bite my poor little nails. It never changes for me, this is how I always react. 
    It seems that once a few prayers are said and it all comes together, I can relax and enjoy the feeling of relief of beginning a new adventure for us. I really like going to a new facility, meeting new people and learning new or different processes. It seems like when we go to a familiar town it is also helpful with not making my anxiety level go through the roof. This next contract will be nice because we will be very close to home in NWA. Yay! Holidays at home makes this Gigi very happy! 
    It is nice to also consider that a new contract can turn into longer than 13 weeks, which helps save money because we aren't traveling as far. Since I have been off since July we unfortunately need to play catch up on our financial situation. So OT will come in handy.
    Being in NWA will be nice because of all the bike trails and close frisbee golf courses for Derek. We will also be able to plan some nice hikes and adventures with some friends and hopefully get the kids out and about. 
    This is a win-win for all involved! Now that the RV park has called and everything is setup we are ready to go. Only thing I am waiting on is the MD to release me so I can get back to work! ❤life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace at the Cross

     Sometimes a person just needs to stop and be still in the moment. Just to take time to slow down and allow your mind and heart to rest/...